Parkinson’s disease affects the way people move, often leading to increasingly smaller gestures and less efficient movements. Those changes cause difficulty moving around, getting dressed, and performing countless other daily living activities. Beginning treatment soon after a Parkinson’s diagnosis can help manage long-term problems with balance, mobility, and posture.
LSVT BIG® therapy trains individuals with Parkinson’s disease how to use their bodies more effectively. Using whole-body exercises and promoting a “think big” mindset, BIG programming reteaches participants how regular movements should feel.
Sunset Village Rehab is pleased to announce that we have added the LSVT BIG treatment protocol to our therapy programming. Our LSVT BIG-certified clinician will customize BIG treatment to each client’s specific needs and goals.
LSVT BIG at a Glance
- One-on-one treatment tailored to each person’s abilities and goals
- Certified clinicians and evidence-based strategies
- Treatment includes repetition and progressive challenges
- Helps individuals “recalibrate” how they perceive movements should feel
- Results include faster walking, better range of motion, and improved daily living activities
- Potential to help overcome challenges arising from conditions other than Parkinson’s
- Participants feel confident, comfortable, and empowered
- It’s never too late to begin
To learn more about LSVT BIG, call Sunset Village Rehab at 419-724-1200.